Saturday, June 09, 2007

and so, my first exams (in a long while!) are done and dusted. overall, I'm glad. definitely, I'm thankful. I'm still surprised at how much easier it was than I had previously envisioned to get back on track. no doubt I had to put in a lot more effort just to make sure I'm not lagging to start with. and let me just say that I'm feeling right again, after 2 years of feeling unright in the wilderness. maybe it's because this semester isn't counted, maybe I'm just gauging myself, maybe I'm adapting my studying techniques, whatever the reason, I enjoyed the examination process this time round. I've always understood that exams are a necessity to test your level of knowledge, but frankly I've never liked them. so it was refreshing, to say the least. and I defitnitely can't be sure I'll be saying that next sem, so I thought I'd better say it now. =)

this semester was lightning quick I thought. a short time of getting used to the culture (which I'm still working on and a long way from). a short time to acclimatise to the studying environment here. which I've been frequently been thinking about but that's a story for another time. so now, I've 5 weeks to get my act together for next semester. that's when the real stuff begins, compared with this past sem's testing of waters (that's how I see it anyway). which means, no more excuses.

Just having some time to think about how things stand and what I'm doing is pretty good. time to get rid of whatever meaningless things I'm doing and maybe give myself a chance to do whatever I ought to be doing.

I agree, university is indeed a time of discovering ourselves.

for now, I'm contented to discover how to tidy the mess that I've made of my room during the exams.